Monday, June 1
Download the Shame HERE!
Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via
Subscribe to my Spotify Podcast HERE!
WOW, this show sucked. And let me tell you why.
I had this grand idea to stream from my backyard, where we have new patio furniture. I thought, how fun is this? I get to chill out in Hell’s Lounge and play my favorite music just for you. But it didn’t take into consideration a few things:
- My neighbors can hear everything I’m saying on my show, and they think I’m talking to them and keep asking me what I’m doing.
- The mosquitoes want to be in on the act. OUCH!
- It got dark and I have poor lighting out there.
- It took me 10 minutes and three tries to connect to our server and it dropped me about 30 minutes into the show, the moment I went inside to grab an extension cord.
- My external hard drive was on its last legs and any sudden micro-movements would disconnect it, leaving me with dead air.
- It turns out that it was a combination of a dying hard drive AND a dying USB port.
I sure wanted to enjoy this show. The playlist is diverse and dynamic, but alas the mic breaks are lame.
Seriously though take a look at that playlist. Damn.
My upcoming show is all about revolution. You really should tune in wearing all black.
Try to enjoy.
PS: I purchased a new WD 5TB hard drive last week. Everything is transferred over and ready to rock!
Hell’s Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Radio Valencia in SF
Let’s Start: Fela Ransome-Kuti And The Africa ’70 With Ginger Baker *Not on the broadcast
Zombi: Fela Kuti *Not on the broadcast
Always Flying: Thee Oh Sees
Fucked Up Motherfucker: Ty Segall
Fell In Love With A Girl: White Stripes with Steven McDonald
Paint It Black: The Avengers
If I’m In Luck I Might Get Picked Up: Betty Davis
Jack the Stipper/Fairies Wear Boots: Black Sabbath
Something I Learned Today: Husker Du
River Deep Mountain High: Tina Turner
Get Down Moses: Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
I’m Free: King Tuff
El Fugitivo: Grupo Fantasma
Black Heath: Melvins
Their Helicopters Sing: Godspeed You, Black Emperor!
Run Run Run: Velvet Underground
Terraplane Blues: Robert Johnson
Nowadays A Woman Gotta Hit A Man: Captain Beefheart
Earache My Eye: Alice Bowie
I Ain’t Marchin’ Anymore: Phil Ochs
The Fish Cheer: Country Joe and the Fish
Keep On Keepin’ On: Curtis Mayfield
Aliens: Dr. Octogon
I Ain’t New To This: Ice T
Rapp Snitch Knishes: MF Doom