June 25, 7pm
This coming Sunday is July 1st and it’s going to be another Sunday Streets festival on Valencia Street, and Radio Valencia will be there broadcasting live from 11 AM to 4 PM.
Sunday Streets is a series of events put on by the City of San Francisco to encourage health, community and fun, inspired by similar events in cities throughout the world. A Sunday Streets event creates a large, temporary, public space by closing off stretches of a neighborhood’s streets to automobile traffic, and opening them to pedestrians, bicyclists, and activities for several hours on a predetermined Sunday.
This weekend the event takes place all along Valencia Street from the intersection with Duboce Ave all the way down to 24th St, and then along 24th St down as far as Hampshire St. There’ll be stages with live music, sidewalk entertainment, food, drink and fun for all. See the program with map and schedule here.
Radio Valencia will be there in front of Stagewerx theater which is located at 466 Valencia between 15th and 16th Streets. We’ll have DJs on hand spinning records, including John Hell, Quarterman Jack Champion, Juan Rapido, Brian Cox, Ferrara Brain Pan and others, along with a Photoboof.
Here is the DJ schedule (show name in parentheses)…
- 11:00 AM – Faco! (Spontaneous Innuendos)
- 11:30 AM – John Hell (A Season In Hell)
- 12:00 PM – Bluebonnet (Strickly Business)
- 12:30 PM – Bunnywhiskers (Bunnywhiskers)
- 1:00 PM – DJ Deevice (Gridlock)
- 1:30 PM – Margarita Azucar (Ms Margarita)
- 2:00 PM – Julia ChanChan (Play For Today)
- 2:30 PM – La Lengua (Ribbon Around A Bomb)
- 3:00 PM – Brian Cox (Sonic Subversion)
- 3:30 PM – Ferrara Brain Pan (No Such Program)
Come on down if you live in the Bay Area or listen in live if you don’t!
This Sunday from 11AM-4PM on Radio Valencia!