Monday, October 3
Tonight’s midnight edition of Ferrara’s Enchanted Jukebox was hastily thrown together at the last minute, as I decided to go into the studio and test out the new mixing board which got installed today. Things weren’t all connected like I thought they’d be, so there were a couple embarrassing minutes of dead air at the outset, as well as some distortion in the signal due to the very hot preamps in the channel strips of our new board (which will take some getting used to). Hopefully it didn’t sound too bad for the handful of listeners out there.
I played some stuff tonight by my friend Robert Turman, who put out a CD a couple years ago with Aaron Dilloway entitled Blizzard. Robert and I played together with Boyd Rice in an early trio during the late 1970s. After I dropped out, the group became NON and Robert stayed on for one or two records before NON became Boyd’s long-running solo project. I also played a long track by 400 Lonely Things, another friend’s project which I featured a couple weeks back on my regular show Mindtrain. And then there was some Cindytalk, Amon Duul II, and a mindbendingly hypnotic cover of a Spacemen 3 song by Bowery Electric.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Ferrara’s Enchanted Jukebox 06 – 03 October 2011
- Blue Oyster Cult – Astronomy – Secret Treaties
- Amon Duul II – Restless Skylight Transistor Child – Tanz Der Lemminge
- Mick Jagger – Memo From Turner – Performance (Original Soundtrack)
- Cindytalk – Everybody Is Christ – Camouflage Heart
- Robert Turman & Aaron Dilloway – Track 03 (Untitled) – Blizzard
- Bowery Electric – Things’ll Never Be The Same – A Tribute To Spacemen 3 (Compilation)
- Jeff Buckley – Lilac Wine – Grace
- Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger And The Trinity – When I Was A Young Girl – Streetnoise
- Scivias – Passion – And You Will Fear Death Not
- 400 Lonely Things – Bullfight At Swan Lake (A Tone Poem For Tchaikovsky, Sylvian And Gollum) – The Late Show
- The Pale 3 – Opening (Sissi Search) / The Letter / Truck Attack / Straw – The Princess & The Warrior (Original Soundtrack)
- Jeff Buckley – Dream Brother – Grace