Thursday, December 12
This week’s episode of Rock ‘n Roll Station trots out a bevy of new releases, featuring the beguiling indie pop of Cate Le Bon, experimental drones and dirges from Shifted and Talvihorros, contemporary classical and electro-acoustic compositions by Olivia Block and Piano Interrupted, the neo-fusion sounds of Satelliti, and overdriven psychedelia from the KVB. We also hear older recordings from Santana, Musiccargo, Snow Palms and Pere Ubu, in observation of their upcoming show at Slim’s in San Francisco.
Rock ‘n Roll Station airs each Thursday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM, bringing you two hours of free-form programming in the classic spirit of 1960s underground radio.
It’s the music of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hosted by Ferrara Brain Pan.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Rock ‘n Roll Station – 12 December 2013
- Compound Eye – The Hydraulic Regime Vibrates From Within – Journey From Anywhere
- Snow Palms – Atoll – Intervals
- Cate Le Bon – No God – Mug Museum
- Piano Interrupted – Camera Obscura – The Unified Field
- Olivia Block – Opening Night – Karren
- Pere Ubu – Real World – The Modern Dance
- Shifted – Story Of Aurea – Under A Single Banner
- Talvihorros – Little Pieces Of Discarded Life – Eaten Alive
- Principal Edwards Magic Theatre – Freef (R) All – The Asmoto Running Band
- Musiccargo – Ich Geh Den Weg Mit Dir – Hand In Hand
- Satelliti – Little Princess – Transister
- Santana – When I Look Into Your Eyes – Welcome
- The KVB – Pray To The Light Machine – Immaterial Visions
- Pere Ubu – Final Solution – Terminal Tower: An Archival Collection
- Snow Palms – Motion Capture – Intervals
- Cate Le Bon – I Can’t Help You – Mug Museum
- Piano Interrupted – Darkly Shining – The Unified Field
- Pixyblink – Moonrise – Nowhere Land
- John Cale – Where There’s A Will – Caribbean Sunset