Thursday, December 19
The year’s penultimate installment of Rock ‘n Roll Station presents a clearing out of new music from 2013, featuring the meticulously severe electronic compositions of Ryoji Ikeda, experimental guitar-based instrumental rock from Oiseaux-Tempete, the monolithic drone minimalism of Phill Niblock, tripped-out art-rock by the Legendary Pink Dots, and neo-classical symphonic dark ambiance from Norway’s legendary Ulver. We also hear older recordings from Lou Reed, David Bowie, Leonard Cohen and others.
Rock ‘n Roll Station airs each Thursday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM, bringing you two hours of free-form programming in the classic spirit of 1960s underground radio.
It’s the music of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hosted by Ferrara Brain Pan.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Rock ‘n Roll Station – 19 December 2013
- Pixyblink – The Comfort Of Darkness – Nowhere Land
- Oiseaux-Tempete – Buy Gold (Beat Song) – Oiseaux-Tempete
- Phill Niblock – A Cage Of Stars – Touch Five
- Scott Walker – Always Coming Back To You – Scott
- Ryoji Ikeda – Supercodex 04 / Supercodex 05 – Supercodex
- Talvihorros – The Secrets Of The Sky – Eaten Alive
- Lou Reed – Caroline Says II – Berlin
- Ulver / Tromso Chamber Orchestra – As Syrians Pour In, Lebanon Grapples With Ghosts Of A Bloody Past – Messe I.X-VI.X
- David Bowie – A Small Plot Of Land – Basquiat (Original Soundtrack)
- Suzanne Vega – Language – Solitude Standing: Live At The Barbican
- Leonard Cohen – Master Song – Songs Of Leonard Cohen
- Oiseaux-Tempete – Silencer – Oiseaux-Tempete
- The Legendary Pink Dots – Ascension 3 – Code Noir
- Ulver / Tromso Chamber Orchestra – Noche Oscura Del Alma – Messe I.X-VI.X
- Andrew Lloyd Webber – John Nineteen: Forty-One – Jesus Christ Superstar: A Rock Opera
- Diana Ross & The Supremes – Someday We’ll Be Together – The Ultimate Collection