Thursday, March 27
This week’s episode of Rock ‘n Roll Station presents assorted new releases, including the first new recording of halcyon hippie folk from singer-songwriter Linda Perhacs in over forty years, angular art-rock by Carla Bozulich, the sublime alt-rock sounds of Elbow, and a new album of William S. Burroughs’ readings set to dub tracks by Dub Spencer & Trance Hill. We also hear vintage recordings by Hector Zazou, Conrad Schnitzler, Holger Czukay, Tangerine Dream and more.
Rock ‘n Roll Station airs each Thursday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM, bringing you two hours of free-form programming in the classic spirit of 1960s underground radio.
It’s the music of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hosted by Ferrara Brain Pan.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Rock ‘n Roll Station – 27 March 2014
- Elbow – This Blue World – The Takeoff And Landing Of Everything
- Carla Bozulich – Don’t Follow Me – Boy
- Dub Spencer & Trance Hill – 103rd Street Boys – William S. Burroughs: In Dub
- Lisa Gerrard & Pieter Bourke – The Human Game – Duality
- Christina Vantzou – Prelude For Juan / Super Interlude, Pts. 1 & 2 – No. 1
- Carla Bozulich – Number X – Boy
- Linda Perhacs – Parallelograms – Parallelograms
- Linda Perhacs – Daybreak – The Soul Of All Natural Things
- Hector Zazou – Indiana Moon – Strong Currents
- Elbow – New York Morning – The Takeoff And Landing Of Everything
- Conrad Schnitzler – Ballet Statique – Con
- Christina Vantzou – Sister – No. 2
- Linda Perhacs – Prisms Of Glass – The Soul Of All Natural Things
- Beautiful Pea Green Boat – Paper House – Still Life
- Elbow – Colour Fields – The Takeoff And Landing Of Everything
- Holger Czukay – Cruise – Canaxis
- A Bad Diana – Chant d’Amour / Da Mort – The Lights Are On But No One’s Home
- Tangerine Dream – Sequent ‘C’ – Phaedra
- Suzanne Vega – Horizon (There Is A Road) – Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles