Thursday, July 25
This week’s edition of Rock ‘n Roll Station premieres a new duo release from Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld and a recent album of minimalist chamber orchestrations by Jacob Kirkegard. We hear older recordings by the likes of Mick Farren, Steely Dan, Sandy Denny, Captain Beefheart, Hugo Largo and many more.
Rock ‘n Roll Station airs each Thursday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM, bringing you two hours of free-form programming in the classic spirit of 1960s underground radio.
It’s the music of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hosted by Ferrara Brain Pan.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Rock ‘n Roll Station – 25 July 2013
- Steven Stapleton & Tony Wakeford – Lucifer Before Sunrise – Revenge Of The Selfish Shellfish
- Young Marble Giants – Wurlitzer Jukebox – Colossal Youth
- The Deviants – You Got To Hold On – On Your Knees, Earthlings!!! (1967-2001)
- The Stranglers – Walk On By – Black And White
- Bryan Ferry – Chance Meeting – Let’s Stick Together
- Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld – Nocturnalia – Still Smiling
- The Jimmy Cake – The Day The Arms That Came Out Of The Wall – Spectre And Crown
- Fairport Convention – Farewell, Farewell – The Best Of Sandy Denny
- Steely Dan – Don’t Take Me Alive – The Royal Scam
- Pere Ubu – Heart Of Darkness – Terminal Tower: An Archival Collection
- Spirit – Taurus – Spirit
- King Crimson – Indoor Games – Lizard
- Captain Beefheart And The Magic Band – The Clouds Are Full Of Wine (Not Whiskey Or Rye) – Lick My Decals Off, Baby
- Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld – Buntmetalldiebe – Still Smiling
- The Flamin’ Groovies – Teenage Confidential – Shake Some Action
- Deletist – Fail – Relive
- Hugo Largo – Second Skin – Drum
- Jacob Kirkegard / Scenatet – Labyrinthitis II – Conversion
- Scott Walker – The Bridge – Scott 2
- Sandy Denny – No End – Like An Old Fashioned Waltz
- Daughter – Medicine – The Wild Youth
- Fovea Hex – Lullaby XXI:XII:X – Hail Hope!