Thursday, October 3
The present edition of Rock ‘n Roll Station features a cornucopia of new music from the likes of Robert Haigh, Bill Callahan, Andrew Liles, Younghusband, UnicaZurn, and two recent duo efforts by Taylor Deupree with Seaworthy and Ryuichi Sakamoto. We also hear selections by the up-and-coming UK indie trio Daughter, in honor of their concert this week at the Fillmore in San Francisco, and music from the recently deceased avant-rock bassoonist and composer Lindsay Cooper.
Rock ‘n Roll Station airs each Thursday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM, bringing you two hours of free-form programming in the classic spirit of 1960s underground radio.
It’s the music of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hosted by Ferrara Brain Pan.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Rock ‘n Roll Station – 03 October 2013
- Lindsay Cooper / Rova Saxophone Quartet – Face In The Crowd – Bingo
- Robert Haigh – Fugue State – Darkling Streams
- Benjamin Finger – Woods Of Broccoli – Woods Of Broccoli
- Toni Childs – Womb – The Woman’s Boat
- Daughter – Youth – The Wild Youth
- Andrew Liles – Matako – Murderers, Maniacs, Madmen And Monsters
- Bill Callahan – Spring – Dream River
- Andrew Liles – Untrue Romance – Murderers, Maniacs, Madmen And Monsters
- Younghusband – Running Water – Dromes
- Ryuichi Sakamoto & Taylor Deupree – Curl To Me – Disappearance
- Daughter – Smother – Smother
- Robert Haigh – Of Eros And Dust – Darkling Streams
- Coil Presents Black Light District – Unprepared Piano – A Thousand Lights In A Darkened Room
- Robert Haigh – Rain For Avalon – Darkling Streams
- Seaworthy & Taylor Deupree – February 22, 2013 – Wood, Winter, Hollow
- UnicaZurn – Hard Dawn Of The Atomic Ghost – Dark Earth Distillery
- Daughter – Shallows – If You Leave
- Red House Painters – Rollercoaster – Retrospective