Thursday, November 21
This week’s episode of Rock ‘n Roll Station presents new music from Emptyset and Circuit Des Yeux, along with classic recordings by Joni Mitchell, Heidi Berry, Kendra Smith, This Mortal Coil, and San Francisco’s own beloved Cheb I Sabbah, who passed away earlier this month after a long struggle with cancer. We also hear selections from Julianna Barwick’s latest album Nepenthe, in honor of her upcoming performance next week at the Chapel in San Francisco.
Rock ‘n Roll Station airs each Thursday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM, bringing you two hours of free-form programming in the classic spirit of 1960s underground radio.
It’s the music of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hosted by Ferrara Brain Pan.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Rock ‘n Roll Station – 21 November 2013
- Santana – Going Home / Love, Devotion And Surrender – Welcome
- This Mortal Coil – The Lacemaker – Blood
- Circuit Des Yeux – Lithonia – Overdue
- Michael Rother – Blauer Regen – Sterntaler
- Julianna Barwick – Adventurer Of The Family – Nepenthe
- Emptyset – Absence – Recur
- Comus – Children Of The Universe – Song To Comus (The Complete Collection): To Keep From Crying
- Lou Reed / Antony – Perfect Day – The Raven
- Emptyset – Origin – Recur
- Ira Cohen & DJ Cheb I Sabbah / Lights In A Fat City – Song To Nothing / Letter To Caliban / End Of A Line – The Majoon Traveler
- Kendra Smith – Bold Marauder – Five Ways Of Disappearing
- Circuit Des Yeux – I Am – Overdue
- Julianna Barwick – Look Into Your Own Mind – Nepenthe
- This Mortal Coil – Song To The Siren – It’ll End In Tears
- Fovea Hex – Jewelled Eyes – Here Is Where We Used To Sing
- Sheila Z. Stirling & Gary Stadler – Sounds Of The Soul – Sounds Of The Soul: Healing Sounds And Tones From The Celestial Realm
- Heidi Berry – Cradle – Love
- Joni Mitchell – Both Sides Now – Both Sides Now