Thursday, May 30
This week’s edition of Rock ‘n Roll Station features a bevy of new and recent releases, including fresh sounds from Jozef Van Wissem, Cindytalk, Carter Tutti, Standish/Carlyon, Sult, the Knife and the Fall (those last two would seem to pose a potential hazard to your health and safety). There’s also older stuff by Guru Guru, Frank Zappa, Comus, Alva Noto, Japan and others.
Rock ‘n Roll Station airs each Thursday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM, bringing you two hours of free-form programming in the classic spirit of 1960s underground radio.
It’s the music of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hosted by Ferrara Brain Pan.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Rock ‘n Roll Station – 30 May 2013
- Jozef Van Wissem – Patience In Suffering Is A Living Sacrifice – Nihil Obstat
- Comus – Down (Like A Movie Star) – Song To Comus (The Complete Collection): To Keep From Crying
- The Knife – Ready To Lose – Shaking The Habitual
- Sult – Mince – Harm
- Frank Zappa / The Mothers Of Invention – The Voice Of Cheese / Dog Breath, In The Year Of The Plague – Uncle Meat
- Standish/Carlyon – Industrial Resort – Deleted Scenes
- Carter Tutti – Coolicon – Coolicon
- Standish/Carlyon – Critics Multiply – Deleted Scenes
- The Rolling Stones – Citadel – Their Satanic Majesties Request
- Alva Noto – Pulse (XS Version) – Transrapid
- The Fall – Loadstones – Re-Mit
- The Knife – A Tooth For An Eye – Shaking The Habitual
- Guru Guru – Oxymoron – Kanguru
- Cindytalk – To A Dying Star – A Life Is Everywhere
- Scott Walker – Angels Of Ashes – Scott 4
- The Modern Lovers – Someone I Care About – The Modern Lovers
- The Fall – Jetplane – Re-Mit
- Japan – Nightporter – Gentlemen Take Polaroids
- Mike Westbrook – Holy Thursday – Glad Day (Settings Of William Blake)
- Jozef Van Wissem – How You Must Have Suffered – Nihil Obstat
- Big Star – Take Care – Third / Sister Lovers