Thursday, November 7
This week’s episode of Rock ‘n Roll Station dishes up plentiful helpings of new music, including electronica by John Foxx and Gary Numan, experimental sounds from Bruce Gilbert, James Ferraro and Kaboom Karavan, the shoegaze of Black Hearted Brother, a newly issued collection of rare archival dark ambient material from Troum, and a new full-length CD of dark ethereal folk by Preterite, as well as older stuff by Deux Filles, Sinead O’Connor and more.
Rock ‘n Roll Station airs each Thursday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM, bringing you two hours of free-form programming in the classic spirit of 1960s underground radio.
It’s the music of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hosted by Ferrara Brain Pan.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Rock ‘n Roll Station – 07 November 2013
- Preterite – Edges Nowhere – From The Wells
- John Foxx And The Belbury Circle – Empty Avenues – Empty Avenues
- James Ferraro – Upper East Side Pussy – NYC, Hell 3:00 AM
- Bruce Gilbert & BAW – Lights – Diluvial
- Kaboom Karavan – The A Theme – Hokus Fokus
- Gary Numan – Lost – Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)
- Agnes Obel – Riverside – Philharmonics
- The Rolling Stones – Paint It Black – Aftermath
- Troum – Ater – Syzygie
- Kaboom Karavan – Lovzar – Hokus Fokus
- IX Tab – Blue Danu – Spindle And The Bregnut Tree
- Musiccargo – Tip Top – Harmonie
- Sinead O’Connor – Never Get Old – The Lion And The Cobra
- Gary Numan – Where I Can Never Be – Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)
- James Ferraro – Vanity – NYC, Hell 3:00 AM
- Deux Filles – Drinking At A Stream – Silence And Wisdom
- Black Hearted Brother – Stars Are Our Home – Stars Are Our Home
- Deux Filles – Oakwood Green – Silence And Wisdom
- Troum – Fantauma – Syzygie
- Carly Simon – When You Close Your Eyes – No Secrets