Thursday, March 13
This week’s edition of Rock ‘n Roll Station presents a bevy of new releases, including fresh sounds from Beck and Suzanne Vega, trance electronica from Pulse Emitter, the jazz-folk guitar artistry of Stein Urheim, skewed electronic pop by Poemss (an offshoot of Venetian Snares), and the poignant and haunting orchestral works of Christina Vantzou. We also feature music by the legendary Joan La Barbara in honor of her rare Bay Area concert appearances this week.
Rock ‘n Roll Station airs each Thursday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM, bringing you two hours of free-form programming in the classic spirit of 1960s underground radio.
It’s the music of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hosted by Ferrara Brain Pan.
The playlist gives artist name, song title, and album title (in that order). A space between lines of text indicates the break between sets where track announcements were made.
Playlist for Rock ‘n Roll Station – 13 March 2014
- Little Annie – Watch The World Go Bye – Short And Sweet
- Beck – Cycle / Morning – Morning Phase
- Poemss – Beautiful Astronaut Space Garden Flower Hugs – Poemss
- Christina Vantzou – Going Backwards To Recover That Which Was Left Behind – No. 2
- Stein Urheim – Kosmoloda – Stein Urheim
- Beck – Waking Light – Morning Phase
- Suzanne Vega – Silver Bridge – Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles
- Christina Vantzou – Anna Mae – No. 2
- Beck – Phase / Turn Away – Morning Phase
- Pulse Emitter – Enceladus – Crater Lake
- Melanie – Long, Long Time – The Very Best Of Melanie: Acoustic Blue
- Christina Vantzou – Vancouver Island – No. 2
- Big Star – Try Again – #1 Record / Radio City: #1 Record
- Beck – Blackbird Chain – Morning Phase
- Poemss – Think Of Something Beautiful – Poemss
- Joan La Barbara – Rothko – Shamansong
- Poemss – Kissing Song – Poemss
- The Moody Blues – Om – In Search Of The Lost Chord
- The Beach Boys – The Warmth Of The Sun – Endless Summer