Conflux Cornucopia Cerebellum Cocktail Hour Episode #5: A.P. Alchemy Session #1
Thursday, August 12, 11pm
Welcome all my fellow audio-obsessive friends. The Alchemist here. With five shows under my belt I am feeling more and more at home behind the console sharing all my potions and elixirs of musical madness.
This week was the first A.P. Alchemy session where we explore some of the longer tracks in my lab. That being said, we only have 9 tracks on this week’s show. Next week’s show will be completely different as I strive to make each experience of the Conflux Cornucopia Cerebellum Cocktail Hour a unique blend of wonderment and intoxication.
1. A.P. Alchemy (9:22) by Isobar from Isobar (2020) Progressive Rock/Jazz Fusion from San Jose
2. Indiscipline (8:02) by King Crimson from Live in Chicago 28 June 2017 (2017) Progressive Rock Royalty from England
3. Spanish Key (17:32) by Miles Davis from The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions (1970) Jazz Fusion Origin Story.
4. Hessian Peel (11:26) by Opeth from Watershed (2008) Progressive Metal. This album represents the final time Opeth exhibits a combo of clean and dirty vocals.
5. The Companions (10:04) by Sleepytime Gorilla Museum from In Glorious Time (2007) Art Metal…is that a thing…yeah, I think this qualifies.
6. Ultimate Trip (13:13) by Riverside from Rapid Eye Movement (2007) Progressive Metal. Polish band with a large catalog of great music. From one the early records.
7. And the Stone Said: If I Could Speak (15:08) by Beardfish from Mammoth (2010) Progressive Rock. Very much in touch with classic Prog Rock. This song lyrically is a masterpiece personifying the experiences of stone in a very old church. This one deserves close listening.
8. Day of the Baphomets (11:57) by The Mars Volta from Amputechture (2006) Progressive Metal. The bass intro is jaw dropping, and then hold on for an intense journey.
9. Scutum & Scorpius (14:34) by Oh Sees from Face Stabber (2019) Stoner/Shoegazer Metal. Bookending the show with SF’s own bringing it back home.
Hope you enjoy the trip.